The Kt we loved

The Kt we loved
"I just might hurt you if you don't move that camera." — Kt

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Drivin' and Cryin'

I seem to be doing a lot of this. I'll be driving and something random will set me off. (Yes, I pull over until it passes.)

The other night I was returning a Redbox and drove by Baskin-Robbins. There must have been some sort of father-daughter event, because there were dozens of men in suits and little girls (7? 8?) all dolled up coming out. Reminded me of the Girl Scouts father-daughter dances, back in the day.

This on top of the fact that it was a gorgeous day for Shamrockfest, which Katie would have dragged a crew to, and I also caught part of an infomercial for a Time-Life collection called "Singers and Songwriters", containing about every great song you can think of from the 1970s. I ordered one of these collections for Anita a while ago, and seeing the infomercial again made me think of how we should be planning a family road trip, with Katie rolling her eyes at being "forced" to listen to these tunes -- but then borrowing the discs to rip 'em to her iPod.

I do want to remember my beautiful daughter for all of these things. I just wish I could control the "when" a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment